Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm such a slow blogger.

I need to start keeping up with this thing.
I'll start with the positive (I mean, after all, my blog is called Gotta Stay Positive am I right?), the two things of which I discussed two posts prior to this one..happened.
The Phillies won the World Series in 2008. It was so much fun to be a Philadelphia resident during this madness, but much more importantly of the two...

Barack Hussein Obama became the 44th President-elect of the United States.
I have not been able to say this very often, but I was really and truly proud to be an American on October 4th. This change is so needed in our country, and it's such an accomplishment to see an African-American man in the highest of offices. Amazing. I hope that he gets something done in there. The country is rooting for ya, Barack.

Can you believe this man is going to be our President though? Wow, he's so f'ing cool.


On a negative note:
After we thought we were going in a direction towards diversity and equal rights post- election, the California Proposition 8 ballot was amended towards their state Constitution. In turn it eliminated the right for same-sex couples to marry.
I could probably rant and ramble about how unfortunate & unfair this vote is. It makes me so very very sad. However, I don't really feel like doing that because I am already not in the most pleasant of moods at the moment. So, I'll let this guy do the talking instead:

No comments: