Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My future?

Okay. As many of my friends & family know, I have been very conflicted about my career goals post graduation.
Well, I've been studying the media for almost 3 years now, and I thoroughly enjoy it. ALL aspects. From learning about its effects on our society to production and beyond.
I've gone back and forth countless times in my mind about what exactly I'm going to do with this Broadcasting, Telecommunications, and Mass Media major (or better known in the Temple world as BTMM). Naturally, my parents have been up my ass about it too.

Well, I think I've finally decided the direction I want to go.
Music makes my world go round & money makes the world go round, if we're being frank.
So, I definitely feel that I want to do something involving music. I can't avoid it; it's too influential on my sanity.
Also, I am thinking I want to get involved in a new media outlet (this is now an older term but w/e). In primarily web-based companies, as we are seeing today with blogging, podcasts, etc this is the most progressive form. At least in my opinion. So maybe getting involved in something like a web-based blog or magazine/independent record label/street apparel type of company. I don't know.

But along these lines is what I am ultimately thinking, and I feel pretty good about it.

Either way, I am going to keep my options wide open, because who really knows where the future is going to take me..or anyone.

No comments: