Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Carlon is the beer drinker's indie band."-Freeindie.com

So, I am presenting another band to you from Ropeadope--yes that's two in a row, I'm soliciting my awesome job.
And it's NOT garbage either. So don't be a hater!

Anyway, here's Carlon (I'm personally doing "in-house" for the band):
They released their full-length LPJohari Window mid-last month, and it's a really great and underrated album (thus far).

To me it sounds like it has influences of Fleet Foxes and Tom Waits, Kings of Leon, and Radiohead--And you can definitely hear The Beatles references throughout. And even that's a long shot. They don't really sound like anyone in particular and different all the time, but the album flows so nicely. They're super original, not your basic indie rock band.
Carlon is a quartet of dude friends haling from New Jersey who made the whole album in they're own 20,000 square-foot warehouse studio. This apparently helped them with the writing process of Johari Window, giving it a personal feel. I think it shows; the album can get kind of emotional at times--in a good way though. A way we can all relate to.

I'll probably talk about them on here quite a bit because I'm in charge of getting these guys the press they deserve. They're talented. Let me know whatcha think. Any suggestions on how I should promote them, too?

Hey and look--they're cute too:



Listen to their LAST.FM Page: CARLON

No comments: