Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Black Landlord

There is this pretty great band at Ropeadope where I recently started working (haven't done too much there yet but ya know). Everyone at Ropeadope is super psyched on them.

They're called Black Landlord and the album "Addicted to Distraction" just dropped yesterday, and it's f****** great music. Representin' the Illadelph! I was able to grab a free copy of it. You can compare them to the legendary Roots crew a bit (ya know, substance rap over a band with a soul/funk vibe). Only they're a little more big-band and just different. The main guys Maxx raps super clearly; you can understand everything he says. Actually, I think they're set to play at The Roots Picnic, as well (I'll be thurrr). My boss told me they were already, after I suggested we try and get them on that show. Apparently, really decently good and funny guys, too. Highly recommended by yours truly.
Black Landlord Myspace



...weird thing about the last video is that I was actually at this show when I happened upon Rittenhouse on a random summer night with friends. I hadn't realized who they were at the time.

No comments: