Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'm being trapped on a desert island, and I'm bringing..

In the 2nd week of my senior year, the class that is easily shaping up to be my favorite is CD Project Management. I'm sure you can imagine why, but it's basically the ins and outs of the recording industry and the job of a record producer.

Our first pseudo-assignment was to pick two top ten lists. The first being that if you were to be trapped on a desert island and could only bring 10 albums what would they be and 2nd being 10 albums that you admire the production on.

Thought I would post mine. I'm probably one of the most indecisive people I know, so naturally, I edited and re-edited multiple times. And I like lists, but I hate ordered ones so..I'm not numbering these. I mean, do you rate your shit?
Haha, funny how literally I take assignments like these ones that aren't even graded.

10 albums I can't live without:

The Beatles- White Album
The Beatles- Abbey Road
Rilo Kiley- Take Offs and Landings
The Decemberists- Picaresque
Death Cab For Cutie- Transatlanticism
The Roots- Things Fall Apart
Sufjan Stevens- Come on! Feel the Illinoise!
Nuetral Milk Hotel- In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
American Football- Self-Titled
M.I.A.- Kala

10 greatly produced albums:

The Beatles- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Public Enenmy- It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back
Radiohead- Ok Computer
Michael Jackson- Thriller
Beach Boys- Pet Sounds
Bob Marley and The Wailers- Legend
Kanye West- College Dropout
Animal Collective- Merriweather Post Pavilion
Jay-Z- Black Album or Reasonable Doubt (Couldn't decide)
Bob Dylan- Highway 61 Revisited

Honorable mention: The Knife- Silent Shout

I have my reasonings for all of them but what do you think?

No comments: