Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lykke Li at the First Unitarian Church

I haven't yet had a chance to comment on seeing Lykke Li last Friday at the Church here in Philly. While I would like to say it's because I have been super busy, the actual truth is that I was waiting for a video to surface. I wanted to give a better representation.

It was amazing. I knew that it would be, but she surpassed my expectations. At the last minute, r5 decided to put the show in the Sanctuary of the actual church, rather than in the basement. I'm very glad they made that decision. The candles and the dark room and some silence made it a very different show..not to mention the sound is so great in there. Drinking wine out of a water bottle while my friends were drinking beers and Lykke Li was yelling, "What the fuck? It's so quiet in here!" telling everyone to start dancing in her oh, so adorable Swedish accent. It's a good thing the Unitarian church is accepting. Haha.
Her voice is so unique and pretty.
I think my favorite was when she performed "Tonight" during her encore. The entire room was damn near silent. She also jammed out to a cover of Tribe Called Quest's "Can I Kick It" last (Yeah, I know..whaaat?!)
She's so great; I'm kind of infatuated.


Lykke
Uploaded by seanh01

No comments: